Friday, January 28, 2011

Bali and Staff Meetings

1-27-11
So I have been in Bali the last few days, mostly at the WR office. The office was in Jakarta but moved here to Bali just recently. Tomorrow there will be a dedication for the new office. This week the senior staff have had various meetings, some of which I have attended. It is interesting to hear/see some of the program management aspects that I have studied in action – like finances today. At the same time it has been a little frustrating because I feel like I should understand more of the language but don’t.

I met Heidy, the program manager in Papua, this week and have heard more about the program and Wamena, where I will be staying. It will be very different from where I have been the last two weeks and it sounds like there are many challenges there, but I am looking forward to getting started. After talking to Heidy and Ibu Jo Ann today I have more direction. There is certainly no lack of needs, but you can pray that whatever I end up doing will be useful for Heidy.

I have been encouraged by my nightly devotional readings this week in Victorious Living by E Stanly Jones. They have focused on our search for God and His search for us; I thought I would share a few eloquent expressions from the closing prayers that have helped me to reflect on what that means in my life …
“…Welcome, Lover of my soul.”
“…How glad I am to be found. Thank You, Amen.”
“…Come, Gentle Suitor, come. Amen”

More to come tomorrow I hope - the dedication and meetings today were very encouraging.

No comments:

Post a Comment