Sunday, May 1, 2011

Weekend Ladies Retreat

I didn’t know if I would have time to post again before I leave – but I just briefly wanted to say a few things about the weekend. The retreat time was great. It felt like I was somewhere completely different and not here in Wamena. Materially it was such a blessing – to eat good homemade Western food (pizza, breads, pasta…), take a hot shower, and sleep on a real mattress. I met and almost got jumped on in my sleep by a baby tree kangaroo. It is super cute – was rescued by one of the pilots I think and the girl who is staying at the house retreat house is taking care of it while the family is gone.
It was also a good time spiritually and relationally. It was such a blessing to get a glimpse into the lives of the missionaries. To hear some of their experiences here. I felt less alone in some of my experiences. I enjoyed getting to hear some of their stories and just get to know them better. I was the youngest one there and that has been nice to just glean the wisdom of all their years of experience. It was also encouraging to see their real struggles and their real love for the people. I was also able to speak lots of English and just be able to share spiritually through worship, Bible study discussion, and prayer.
Same prayer request for next week with going to Tolikara!

No comments:

Post a Comment