I was blessed to spend time earlier this month at a shoebox distribution for some of our OVC (orphans and vulnerable children). This project has had many challenges since I arrived in October and participating in this as well as spending more time with the staff recently has encouraged me to continue the hard work with this project.
I was thinking of the verse in John 10:10 “The thief comes only to steal, kill, and
destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.” Whatever myself, the OVC staff, and these
children go through, we have a savior that offers us life to the full. This shoebox distribution was certainly full of
life. It was my first experience with the
shoeboxes and it was wonderful to be part of their excitement.
 |
| Some of the SP staff kids handed out the boxes. It was fun seeing their excitedment in passing the boxes out even though they were not receiving anything themselves |
 |
| Waiting patiently during the distribution |
 |
| Still waiting |
 |
| Getting ready to open the boxes |
 |
| The one girl I handed a box too happened to be named Elizabeth also - she is the one in the red. Her sister Princess is sitting next to her. They sometimes attend the church I go to, so I have had the opportunity to see them both again. |
 |
| Opening the box |
 |
| After the boxes have been opened - you can see the kids wearing their new hats! |
 |
| Group shot! |
 |
| Posing with the boxes, and enjoying the lollipop that was inside! |
For all of you who have packed a shoebox before, these are the children who are benefitting! Thank you, it certainly made their day (and mine too)!
No comments:
Post a Comment